How about some frosted protein sugar cookies that taste like the real deal but only have one gram of sugar per cookie? Practically sugar-free sugar cookies seems like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? Well, now you can make it a reality.
Each of these full-sized soft-baked cookies are just 80 calories with 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of net carbs. At just under 5 grams per cookie, these aren’t exactly “low-fat,” but they’re perfect for a treat. Even if you’re on a strict diet, you can easily fit in two or three of these “healthified” sugar cookies without blowing your nutrition.
Did I mention they’re soft with just the right amount of bite, and that the frosting is to die for? What are you waiting for? Whip these up!
- Vanilla protein powder, 80 g
- Coconut flour, 6 tbsp
- Pyure Organic Stevia Blend, 1/4 cup
- Baking soda, 1/4 tsp
- Creamy cashew butter, 2 tbsp
- Smart Balance Buttery Spread, 2 tbsp
- Water, 3 tbsp (adjust as needed)
- Egg whites, 2 tbsp (1 large)
- VitaFiber syrup, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp
- Salt, 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Swerve confectioner’s erythritol (or powdered sugar), 1/2 cup
- Tapioca starch, 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), 2 tbsp
- Smart Balance Buttery Spread, 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the dry cookie ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out dough and form it into balls, placing them roughly 2 inches apart on the sheet.
- Press the balls flat to roughly half an inch thick using the back of a spatula or your hand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are firm but the center is still soft (cookies will set upon cooling). I flattened mine a little fresher out of the oven with the back of a spatula.
- While the cookies cool, combine the frosting ingredients in a separate mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature for several days or frozen up to a month.
- Serving size: 1 cookie (with frosting)
- Recipe yields 12 servings
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbs: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g