I don’t remember everything from my childhood, but the smell and taste of morning meals takes me right back. When I was younger, my mum used to cook the perfect plate of eggs. Ever since then, I’ve been on a quest to recreate that magic. My recipe for this kicked-up breakfast scramble does just that.
Another reason I love this dish so much is that it allows me to start the morning off prepping for my goals. One egg alone has about 6 grams of protein. The eggs in this breakfast offer up 24 grams of a quality protein—and all in just 10 minutes of prep.
The Everyday Beast mindset is about being well-rounded—beasting it at work, at home, and in the gym. While you’re folding your eggs and making them into protein-packed clouds for your muscles, take some time to think about what you’re going to accomplish today and how you’re going to hit that next benchmark. Then, whip out a plate and dive into this bad boy.
OLIVE OIL 1/2 TBSP
2% MILK 1 TBSP
SPINACH 1 HANDFUL
CAYENNE PEPPER TO TASTE
ONION POWDER TO TASTE
GARLIC POWDER TO TASTE
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
HOT SAUCE/TABASCO OPTIONAL
- Combine the eggs, spices, and milk in a bowl. Lightly beat the mixture together, keeping your yolks somewhat intact.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add your egg mixture to the pan. Let it sit for about 60 seconds, and add the spinach.
- Turn with a spatula, wait another 20-30 seconds, and flip again.
- Continue cooking the eggs until they reach your desired consistency. Serve and pair with your carb of choice, such as oatmeal or toast.
Serving size: 1 scramble
Recipe yields: 1 serving