I love banana bread, and I love bananas with peanut butter, so this healthy peanut butter banana protein bread just needed to happen! It’s super moist with a hint of cinnamon, and it’s packed with protein while still being relatively low in fat. Most importantly, it’s delicious. It’s so delicious you’ll eat one slice and just have to go back for another. With these macros, that’s no problem. But don’t expect it to be easy to stop!
- Vanilla protein powder 80 g
- Spelt flour 6 tbsp
- Organic stevia blend 1/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Baking soda 3/4 tsp
- Very ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup (2 medium)
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt 1/2 cup
- Egg whites 1/2 cup (4 large)
- Cinnamon peanut butter 1/4 cup
- Salt (optional) 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in mashed bananas and remaining ingredients and mix until just combined (overmixing will result in a less tender texture).
- Lightly coat a bread pan or muffin tin with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean (cupcakes should only need 25-35 minutes).
Freeze the leftovers for up to one month. Simply microwave for 1 minute to thaw.
- Serving size: 1 cupcake
- Recipes yields 9 servings
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Protein: 10 g