You can’t go wrong with Greek! This chopped chicken wrap combines olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and goat-cheese crumbles for an authentic taste with a protein-packed punch. Add some zest with the lemon vinaigrette, and you’ll hit all the right notes.
- Whole-wheat wrap: 1 10-inch
- Chicken breast, cooked: 5 oz.
- Goat cheese crumble: 1/8 cup
- Romaine leaves: 3
- Boston (or butter) lettuce: 2/3 cup
- Fresh parsley: 1/3 cup
- Fresh basil: 1/4 cup
- Red onion, chopped: 1/3 cup
- Cucumber: 1/3 cup
- Cherry tomatoes: 5 (cut in halves)
- Kalamata olives, pitted: 5 (optional)
- Lemon juice: 1 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Oregano, dried: 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, minced: 1 tsp
- Bragg’s apple cider vinegar: 1-1/2 tsp
- Sea salt: 1 pinch
- Pepper: 1/8 tsp
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Place all the salad ingredients on a large cutting sheet. Using the longest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the salad to desired thickness.
- Once the salad is chopped, add it to a mixing bowl. Add 1/3 of the lemon vinaigrette, and refrigerate the remaining dressing in a tightly sealed container. Mix the salad together with a spatula, then place some of the contents on a whole-wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides, and tightly roll up the wrap.
- Enjoy any leftover chopped salad by itself.
- Serving size: 1 wrap with dressing
- Recipe yields: 1 serving
- Calories: 645
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbs: 48 g
- Protein: 58 g
- Serving size: Salad with dressing (no wrap)
- Recipe yields 1 serving
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbs: 18 g
- Protein: 50 g