There’s no need to restrict all things pumpkin to the fall months. Even though summer’s approaching, I’ve been craving pumpkin pie like no other! Good thing this pumpkin protein mug cake satisfies my cravings, fits my macros, and is ready in less than 5 minutes. Bam. Cake, get in my mouth! This cake is satisfying enough to replace one of my regular meals, or have as an extra meal on leg day.
- Vanilla whey protein, 20 g
- Coconut flour, 2 tbsp
- Stevia (I used Truvia), 1-1/2 tsp
- Baking powder, 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp
- Ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp
- Ground ginger, 1/8 tsp
- Canned pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup
- Egg whites, 3 tbsp
- Unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice), 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp
- Sugar free pancake syrup, 3 tbsp
- Cashew Fit spread in Sweet Pumpkin Pie flavor (or other pumpkin spice nut butter), 1 tbsp
- Fat-free whipped topping, 1 tbsp
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix in wet ingredients.
- Lightly spray an oversized coffee mug with cooking spray, and spoon batter in.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Dump out cake onto a small plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine syrup and Cashew Fit to make your sauce.
- Smother cake with sauce and fat free whipped topping. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 cake
- Recipe yields: 1 serving
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Protein: 28 g