If you’ve been missing out on the campfire s’mores this summer, then these protein-packed donuts are just for you! I know, they look like they’re loaded with sugar and ridiculously bad for you, but looks can be deceiving. Would you believe each donut is under 150 calories and contains less than 4 grams of sugar? Not only that, but these puppies taste incredible! Whip up a batch and see for yourself how tasty healthy can be.
VANILLA PROTEIN POWDER 60 G
PYURE ORGANIC STEVIA BLEND (OR TRUVIA BAKING BLEND) 6 TBSP
SPELT FLOUR (OR ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, OAT FLOUR, GLUTEN-FREE BAKING BLEND) 1/4 CUP
COCONUT FLOUR (OR 1/4 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, OAT FLOUR, GLUTEN-FREE BAKING BLEND) 2 TBSP
BAKING POWDER 1/2 TSP
NONFAT PLAIN GREEK YOGURT (OR DAIRY-FREE YOGURT) 1/4 CUP
COCONUT OIL, MELTED (OR BUTTER, GHEE) 1 TBSP
CINNAMON (OPTIONAL) 1/4 TSP
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER 40 G
PYURE ORGANIC STEVIA BLEND (OR STEVIA DROPS) 2 TBSP
UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER 1 TBSP
WATER (MAY NEED MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON PROTEIN USED) 1/4 CUP
VITAFIBER SYRUP (OR SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE SYRUP, OTHER STICKY SYRUP) 2 TBSP
MINI MARSHMALLOWS 1/4 CUP
GOLDEN GRAHAMS CEREAL (OR CRUSHED GRAHAM CRACKER) 1/4 CUP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix, and stir until no clumps remain to form a soft dough.
- Spoon dough into a sealable baggie, seal the top, and cut off one corner to make a 1-inch opening. This is your piping bag.
- Lightly coat the wells of a donut pan with cooking spray and pipe batter into wells. Alternatively, you can just pipe batter into a circle on a lightly greased baking sheet and pinch ends together.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until cooked through but still soft.
- While donuts cool, combine glaze ingredients until smooth and thick. Add water 1 tbsp. at a time until a thick frosting consistency is reached.
- Spread glaze over donuts, then top with mini marshmallows and Golden Grahams (or crushed graham cracker). Optional step: Place decorated donuts on a baking sheet and broil on high for 2 minutes, until marshmallows are light golden brown.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week (freezing not recommended).
Recipe yields: 6 servings