This post is for someone very special that has been there through thick and thin and made things bearable. It has been under request for a while now.
To the queen of coffee! I love you and Enjoy…
Lavender-Honey Iced Latte
Yields 1 beverage
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lavender-honey simple syrup (recipe below)
1/3 cup coffee concentrate (recipe below)
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup ice
1. Add simple syrup to a glass.
2. Pour coffee concentrate and milk into the glass.
3. Add ice as desired.
4. Stir and enjoy!
Lavender-Honey Simple Syrup (This is Amelia’s favourite!)
Yields about 8-10 ounces
2 teaspoons fresh lavender flowers (if using dried, cut this to 1 teaspoon)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
½ cup honey
1. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Turn heat to low and stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Simmer an additional 5-7 minutes, or until syrup coats the back of a spoon. (While simmering, watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over or burn.) It will thicken a bit more when cooled.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. If you prefer a smooth drink, strain out the lavender. Allow syrup to cool completely before using.
Quick Tip: You can use this to flavor hot lattes, cocktails, lemonade or a myriad of other drinks in addition to the iced latte recipe above!